Friday 12 April 2013

Gluten-free Chocolate Walnut Brownie Cookies (refined sugar, dairy, and soy free)


Today's recipe comes from Mother-Daughter Natural Beauty Team Laurie and Tiffany from Natures Knockout. You can check out their blog here.

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 12-15 servings

Ingredients
  • pure cocoa bar (70% or higher) - 4 oz.
  • coconut oil - 1/4 cup
  • stevia powder - 1 teaspoon
  • egg, hormone free - 1
  • pure vanilla extract - 1 teaspoon
  • almond meal or almond flour - 1/2 cup
  • unsweetened cocoa - 4 Tablespoons
  • baking powder - 1/2 teaspoon
  • chopped walnuts - 1/2 cup
  • coconut flakes (optional) - 1/4 cup
  • coconut sugar - 1/4 cup
Instructions
  • Preheat the oven to 350 F.
  • These gluten free chocolate cookies are beyond good and super easy to make too! I placed the cocoa bar into a zipper bag and crunched it into small chunks. Then to slightly melt them, I set them in a glass cup and set it in another glass bowl of hot tap water. I let that set while I placed all of the other ingredients into a large glass bowl. I mixed them all together with a wooden spoon.
  • Next, I threw the walnuts into that zipper bag and crushed them. Then I added them, and the the semi-melted chips to the mixture and stirred them in.
  • I used a tablespoon and dropped them onto a cookie sheet. Makes 1 dozen. Then I cooked them about 15 minutes.
  • That's it - they are super easy, delicious and you can forget about the guilt. This recipe contains no gluten, refined sugar, dairy or soy and they are YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.