Friday 14 December 2012

Lisa's Addicted to Triathlons!


Learn to Swim Coordinator, Lisa Maclean shares her comments about competing in the Bribie Island Long Course Triathlon. Well done Lisa, a great result!

I competed in the Bribie Island Long Course Triathlon last weekend which was 1km swim 30km ride and an 8km run. After competing in a few of the short course triathlons over the last year I was up for a new challenge of the long course but was a little overwhelmed with the lack of training, the weather and all conditions were perfect so there was nothing to lose!

I completed it in 1hr 56mins and came 10th out of approx 35 competitors. My goal was to finish it in just over 2 hours so I was stoked when I found out it was under! Now I have a starting point with this distance I am determined to get faster, next one is in Feb. It’s made me motivated to train hard over the next couple of months and come up with great results... They are definitely right when they say triathlons are addictive!!!

Everyone has to start somewhere... If you are interested in triathlon training, stay tuned as we are announcing a beginners training course within the next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.